- Help schedule Therapy Dog assessment events
- Arrange for Visiting Teams to support community organizations
- Help organize transport of foster dogs to their forever homes
- Answer e-mail questions from potential and existing clients
- Conduct on-line research into relevant topics
- Help manage our various information systems, including editing our websites
- Help build new programs through research, development of materials, or setting up information for access by our clients
- Compose and/or edit correspondence, reports, forms, and other key documents.
- Data entry and analysis
To thrive in this role, you have excellent customer support skills (for internal and external customers), including the embracing the values of courtesy, responsiveness, and quality communications. In addition, you have some of or all the following skills and training:
- Experience and comfort with computer applications (e.g., e-mail, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google apps)
- A comfort with Google Drive, Docs and Sheets (or a willingness to learn)
- Experience in general administrative support functions
- Enjoy working on a computer from home, with an attention to detail
- Strong social skills and enjoy working with others in a remote capacity (primarily over e-mail)
Do I need access to special equipment?
- You will need a computer with strong internet connection, and (ideally) access to Microsoft Office programs is important. While we mostly work off e-mail, access to a phone and the willingness to call anywhere in Canada is also important.
What is the time commitment?
- Generally, you set your own hours – working any time of day that works with your schedule and in any Canadian time zone. Depending on your assignment, ideally you can check in daily, if only for a few minutes to ensure continued responsiveness to our client’s needs.