If you’re experiencing emotional distress and want to talk, call the First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line at 1-855-242-3310. It’s toll-free and open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This is a National toll-free number that provides immediate, culturally competent, telephone crisis intervention counselling support for First Nations and Inuit, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Counsellors can also work with callers to identify follow-up services they can access. Counselling is available in English and French and, upon request, in Cree, Ojibway, and Inuktut.
Mental health and wellness encompass both the mental and emotional aspects of being – how you think and feel. Some signs of good mental health include:
- Knowing and taking pride in who you are;
- Enjoying life;
- Being able to form and maintain satisfying relationships;
- Coping with stress in a positive way;
- Striving to realize your potential; and
- Having a sense of personal control.