General Resources, Free Counselling and Helpful Links
Moodjuice Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Self Help Guide
Learn more about Post Traumatic Stress and skills to cope with it.
The Veteran’s Guide to Creating a Peaceful At-Home Atmosphere After Returning Home
Whether you’ve spent years on a military base or a month in a combat zone, re-entering civilian society after serving in the armed forces is never easy. The excitement of returning home to your family and starting a new life can be mildly tempered by the fear of the unknown that lies ahead.
- Canadian Veterans, Military and Family
Canadian Forces provide military families with information, resources and services in Canadian Armed Forces communities.
- Wounded Warriors
Whether it is through our mental health challenges, the pioneering initiatives we fund through third party partnerships, or our individual support management Hand Up program, we are committed to ensuring we provide a diverse set of programs and services for our wounded soldiers and their families.
- Veterans Affairs Canada
There is a wide range of mental health services, support and information for Veterans and their families.
- National Defence
Discover a vast range of support services available to Canadian Armed Forces members and their families from rehabilitation to housing to conflict resolution.
- Military Crisis Line
The Military Crisis Line, online chat, and text-messaging service are free to all Service members, including members of the National Guard and Reserve, and Veterans, even if you are not registered with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) or enrolled in VA health care.
- Real Warriors Campaign
Confidential 24/7 call line along with information on Post-Traumatic Stress.
- Blue Star Families:
They have developed a free downloadable e-Book on reintegration.
- America’s Fund
Provides immediate Assistance and Continuous Support for Injured Heroes and their family members.
- Emotional Self Sufficiency
Supports VETS all the way home, through the transition and more.
- DSTRESS Line (Marines)
Provides professional, anonymous counseling for Marines, attached Sailors, and families.
- Resurrecting Lives Foundation
Traumatic Brain Injury Advocacy, Research, Treatment & Education
- Guard Your Buddy (U.S. National Guard)
Guard Your Buddy is a joint effort by the Tennessee National Guard, The Jason Foundation, Inc., and E4 Health to give the men, women, and families in the Tennessee National Guard anytime, anywhere access to critical life resources, on-demand counseling, and on-call suicide prevention.
- The Recovery Village at Palmer Lake
Substance Abuse and Addiction Treatment for Veterans. Are you a veteran struggling with substance abuse or addiction? Do you suspect you also have a mental illness like depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or anxiety? If the answer is “yes,” you’re not alone, and help is within reach. The Recovery Village Palmer Lake is just one of the many great options that can help you turn your life around for the better. Located in beautiful Palmer Lake, Colorado, our center offers comprehensive, individualized care. You can also consider the many VA options that are available.
- Fight Addiction Now
A resource for anyone interested in dealing with their drug abuse. Are you using drugs or alcohol, but looking for a way to quit? Are you in recovery right now but finding it harder and harder to stay sober? Then you’ve come to the right place.
Veterans resources for patients and families. Veterans can develop mesothelioma as a result of asbestos exposure during their military service. 30% of of all Americans with mesothelioma cancer are veterans who were exposed while on active duty.
- Virtual Support & Online Addiction Meetings
American Addiction Centers (AAC) is offering virtual support meetings online. Learn how you can join one today.
Veterans and Military Online Chat Lines
After a Suicide Resources
- YOU’RE NOT ALONE: Connecting Military Families to Mental Health and Social Wellness Programs
- US Reserve Affairs Suicide Postvention Plan a Tool for Commanders
- Music Healing Veterans Canada providing FREE music instruction, loaner instruments and companionship to our heroes in uniform that have developed visible and/or invisible challenges stemming from their duties.
- StartYourRecovery.org is a free, confidential tool that helps individuals take steps toward a healthy relationship with drugs and alcohol.
- MoodJuice Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Self Help Guide Learn more about Post Traumatic Stress and skills to cope with it.
- Hope for Recovery: Understanding Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- National Center for PTSD
- Do I Need Medicare if I have Veterans Benefits?
- Long-Term Care Benefits for Veterans and Surviving Spouses
- The Funeral Planning Guide for Veterans
- 10 Organizations that Help Veterans Transition to Civilian Life
- Veterans, Jobs and Unemployment – Programs to Help Unemployed Vets
- Financial Aid Guide for Military and Veterans
- Tips & Resources for Helping Veterans with PTSD
- Real Stories about Real Warriors Sharing stories and knowledge lets all warriors know that they are not alone in dealing with a psychological wound or traumatic brain injury.
- Hope for Recovery from PTSD – by PTSD Alliance – Please Note: Involves dramatizations of individuals briefly describing interpersonal traumas, which may be upsetting for some individuals.
Combat PTSD Blogs
- Homecoming Vets and the Crossroads of Humanity– A reintegration site for veterans and their families.
- Desert Spirit (Living with PTSD)
- Healing Combat Trauma
- PTSD A Soldier’s Perspective
- PTSD: Honored with Dishonor
Informative/Inspiring Blog Posts
Health and Wellbeing Resources
Active duty and retired veterans deserve nothing but the best when it comes to their benefits. Serving the country is not an easy task, and coming home can be a very difficult transition. The benefits that are available to such heroes can be difficult to work with, however, as finding the proper resources can also be a difficult task. Within this article, you will find the resources available to both active duty and retired veterans to ensure that they are getting nothing but the best in return for the sacrifices that they have so patriotically made.
Visit U.S.Dental Care Resources
The Dealhack Canadian Military and Veteran Discounts List is the result of our quarterly survey of brands that offer discounts to all members of the Canadian military.
Visit Canadian Military & Veteran Discount Guide: The Ultimate List